1. What is the minimum age to join?
We accept students after the age of 7 years only.
2. What is the procedure for getting admission into Shankarananda Kalakshetra?
Please fill out the Admission form and mail to us and we will call you back.
3. Can a beginner in dance join the regular classes? / I have no prior experience in dance. Am I eligible to join the classes?
You do not require a prior experience in dance to join the dance school.
4. Does this training lead to a degree?
No, this is not a course with specific duration of learning. These are ongoing classes where a student is constantly trained in various aspects of dance.
However, those interested in a degree are encouraged to take the IGNOU exams as well as the Government of Andhra Pradesh exams in dance.
5. Do the students get to perform?
Yes, but after a few years of training only and depending on the studentsí growth.
Committed, talented & promising students will be specifically trained to be part of the repertory of Shankarananda Kalakshetra who then get to tour with the repertory.
6. Do you teach Theory?
Training at Shankarananda Kalakshetra involves knowledge and grounding in theory, music, costume, make up & other allied aspects of dance.
7. How many classes a week do students get?
All Students get two classes a week of 45 - 60 mins each session, in group classes.
The session could be more than 90 minutes for senior students.
Private classes are offered only at advanced levels or at the discretion of the Artistic Director.